ATA ARMS have been producing innovative guns now for over 60 years. Their founder Celal Yollu, produced his first single barrel shotgun in 1955 and their first side-by-side in 1967. By 1973 ATA had released their first over-under shotgun, a gun which is still an ATA icon to this day.
In 1992 ATA released their first semi-automatic shotgun, not only THEIR first, but the FIRST semi-auto ever produced in Turkey. Among other developments, they spent the next 21 years perfecting their over-under and semi-auto models.
In 2013 they released their flagship semi-auto, the VENZA. The VENZA has a patented automatic gas pressure control system (GPCS) and moving barrel to reduce recoil and increase accuracy in serial shots. It feels like shooting a light load cartridge when shooting much heavier loads. It comes with a Grade 2 Turkish Walnut stock with a matte finish and is available in Fonex, camo and carbon options.
- Larger Gas Release Valves
- Allowing gas to escape faster when firing heavy loads
- Moving Barrel
- When firing heavy loads the barrel recoils and opens the gas valves to reduce pressure from the forend, side vents and cap holes, this reduces overall recoil and minimises muzzle jump, which in turn increases accuracy
- Bolt System
- The breech bolt is machined from top grade alloy steel and is hard chrome plated to reduce friction and increase corrosion resistance
- Constructed from aircraft grade aluminium alloy to reduce overall weight
- It is specially designed to provide a clear sight picture for accurate shooting
- Choke System
- 70mm choke tubes for a stronger pattern
- Trigger System
- Minimum travel for precise shooting
- Easily removed for cleaning, simply remove one retaining pin
- Safety button can be reversed making the VENZA suitable for both left and right-handed shooters